View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #407
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I found a simple way to track series order. I created a doc in Google Docs that has all the series I read (87th Precinct, Rabbi Small series, etc) listed. I simpy copied and pasted lists from fantasticfiction.co.uk into my doc file. Then at the top I have a list of series that the doc contains, which I then convert to links pointing to the list for that series. This is my table of contents.

I save it as a doc file and send it to Amazon to send as a mobi file to my Kindle. I also have a copy of that on my Kobo.

It took about 15 minutes to make the thing up to begin with since I had to figure out how to do it and it takes about 3 or 4 minutes to add a new series to it. The longest part of the process is waiting for Amazon to convert it and send it back.

When I use it I find the series in the TOC, tap it's name and it takes me to the series order list for that series. It's all dead simple.

I don't really read series as such. If order really matters much I don't bother. Still, when there's a continuing character and a chronology I like to go in order and I find this very useful.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote