Thread: MobileRead June 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #29
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I think the Booker is a lot more interesting than the Pulitzer, which is generally a schlockfest. But both are too driven by popularity (Hillary Mantel didn't deserve it for Bring Up the Bodies) and politics--which is why I don't love Awards as a category.
Actually part of that makes me read a title every now and then. I read Soul Mountain by Gao Xingjian partly because of the kerfuffle over his winning the Nobel Prize in Literature. The other reason was I needed an 'X' author.

Part of me thinks if Award Winners wins, the group should read the short list for the Pulitzer from last year when no one won. I'm curious to see what I think of the list of books.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote