Old 03-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkbook View Post
Hi,
This is my first post here in this forum. I have been lurking around a long time reading all the wonderful reviews. I use my blackberry ( mobipocket ) to read ebooks. I know how to use calibre to convert. Tried the IPod Touch but the screen is too small not too much of an advantage over my blackberry.Tried the aluratek e-reader. I did not like the page turn functionality.

I am looking for an multifunction device with ebook reading being the primary use.

I am considering the A81 and SmartQ V7. I prefer the A81 after reading the reviews as it has a replaceable battery - Is this a true statement. Has anyone found a battery that works? I also like the fact that I can listen to music while reading. Has anyone used an instant messenger with A81?

Am I better off buying an A81 or is the smartQ V7 better.

Thanks in advance.
Vk
If Coldsun says the A81 is a better device for ereading I would trust him on that, however if you want to do more than just read ebooks I'm thinking the SmartQ's might have the edge BUT you must know or be prepared to learn some basic Linux commands in order to get the best out of them.
Like this Russian user has, live weather widget and all
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote