View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
David J. Guyton
Connoisseur
David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I published a paperback version shortly after my Kindle version. I used CreateSpace (owned by Amazon). The quality is excellent, the setup is easy, and it literally cost me nothing to do. I did have to pay for a proof copy ($5.67) but as soon as I got it and checked it, it was available online for everyone.

Lulu is cheap too, and CreateSpace and Lulu are putting the other PODs out of work. Some of them want several hundred dollars for what Lulu and CS will do for free. Plus they set the price of the book...my 400 page novel was going to be set at $21, and I could charge more to that and scrape the profits off the top.

CreateSpace costs me $10.07 for 400 pages, and so I set the price at $10.99. I don't make a killing, but people are more willing to buy a book for $11 from an unknown author than a book for $25.

FYI,
CS has two different levels, one called the Pro Plan (I think). It allows you to set the book price lower, and costs $50. I have the Pro Plan, but I did it during a promotion period and it was free for me.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help. Oh, you might also want to pick up POD People by Jeremy Robinson. It's a very short book about POD publishing and has some helpful hints.
David J. Guyton is offline   Reply With Quote