View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #18610
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Sand Omnibus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I enjoyed reading The Line with some reservations. It was a bit too much into 'romance' for my taste and also seemed to me to be somewhat predictable (with some reservations). As well it kinda' dragged along using a lot of filler till 3/4 of the way through it when then in Chapter 25 it hit me with a big reveal that I hadn't seen coming. Then it started to drag again till it hit me with another reveal!. So I have mixed feelings. Perhaps if it had been edited down to a novella I might have been happier with it? But despite these reservations/criticisms I still enjoyed reading it.

Now back to reading Dangerous Women where a Diana Rowland story is next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
After Diana Rowland's story Dangerous Women was pretty uninteresting to me. I'd enjoyed the first few stories preceding Jim Butcher's (his entry was the real reason that I'd gotten this book, it was great) then after reading it I began reading the first parts of each story till I decided to skip that one and go on to the next one. Then I got to Diana Rowland's entry which was great. The rest of the book was more of, try it, skip it, and then go on to the next one till the end. Oh well!

Speaking of Diana Rowland, her new Kara Gillian book, Fury of the Demon (#6 in the series) was released today and I've begun reading it.
Wow, Fury of the Demon was a real winner! Yay Diana Rowland!!

Now on to read Hugh Howey's new release, Sand Omnibus!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote