View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #59
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by uebyn View Post
So yes, cover art is important.
To you and obviously to many, but not everyone—me, for example.

But I'm crazy like that. I also don't care how well singers can dance (while they're singing); can form an opinion on a politician's professional qualifications that ignores how good a spouse they are; and can even appreciate the athletic prowess of popular sports figures who seem to take no interest in being good role models.

And I don't judge a painter's work by how pretty their signature looks on it.

"The painting is absolutely gorgeous, but did you see the font the museum curator chose for the descriptive plaque under it?? Hideous!! Ruined the whole experience for me."

I'm not saying I never see the artwork on books—or that I never notice that one book's artwork might be particularly stunning (or atrocious), even. It's just that good, bad, or "oh, you mean there was art on the cover?" doesn't factor into my purchase/reading decisions. They're just separate experiences for me. Always have been.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-01-2012 at 08:26 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote