View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
calviny
calviny doesn't littercalviny doesn't litter

Device: iliad
I'll try to post some more pics when I have a chance but it is really simple. The old battery connectors were desoldered. A good soldering iron is needed so you don't overheat. Or you can just cut off the old tabs with a fine scissor. I used a scalpel to score along the edges of the retaining wall of the old batteries (just the raised plastic bits) and broke them off nice and smooth. The new batteries fit into place nicely with some shaving of protruding plastic bits. The new connectors are soldered in place with good fine solder that has flux in it. If the solder is poor it will not solder properly. You need to be quick as to not overheat the battery. Overall a very simple mod for someone with soldering experience.

At first I thought my icon was dead. Just white all the time. Then I realized I had a sd card in my mmc slot that I had been using for storage. I took this out and problem solved. Completely unrelated. The icon works fine now. All looks to be well. I will see how long this next charge lasts.
calviny is offline   Reply With Quote