View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #212
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
Well.. Yeah, I'm gonna use it on kobo glo.

I had to check in dictionary what does 'Concatenate' means And yes, that's what I would like to do - join them into one single dict.

Basically I should use Penelope to convert those stardict files to XML, then use notepad++ for joining/Concatenating them into single xml and then again convert it to desired format.
Apologies, I use a lot of Latin-based (old-fashioned) English words because I am Italian. You understand correctly. After concatenating the two XML files, you get something like:
Code:
<?xml version = "1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE document SYSTEM "dictionary.dtd">
<dictionary>
<entry><key>k1</key><def>d1</def></entry>
<entry><key>k2</key><def>d2</def></entry>
<entry><key>k3</key><def>d3</def></entry>
</dictionary>
<dictionary>
<entry><key>k4</key><def>d4</def></entry>
<entry><key>k5</key><def>d5</def></entry>
</dictionary>
which should become:
Code:
<dictionary>
<entry><key>k1</key><def>d1</def></entry>
<entry><key>k2</key><def>d2</def></entry>
<entry><key>k3</key><def>d3</def></entry>
<entry><key>k4</key><def>d4</def></entry>
<entry><key>k5</key><def>d5</def></entry>
</dictionary>
{BTW, I now realize that if you export to CSV instead of XML, the editing step might be unnecessary.}

Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
So what if I wanted to add another language to english-english dictionary, to have english-english-polish dict? So then I could read english definiton of a word and if that wouldn't help me in understanding it I would have polish translation under english definition. I think somebody have done something like that
From the Penelope page:
Quote:
Future versions will include:
- support for merging multiple input dictionaries into a single one, and
- PRC/MOBI support.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote