View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I suppose, I guess I really would consider them separate things though, I've read some very detailed books/descriptions/etc. That were totally without urgency or pay off, and I've certainly seen urgency without the others. I think in any good writing they are all there and they are integrated into perhaps focus.

Perhaps, though the author does have to choose if the story is to be humorous or tragic or scary etc. as most stories can't be more than one all at the same time I don't think. I mean the writer has to chose an overall tone and stick with it rather than blur the lines between one and another. That's what I meant by focus covering the third point. And as far as details how many stories can be more than one genre? While a mystery can have some romance and a love story can probably be set in a science fiction or fantasy world one genre has to be chosen as the main one. As the main focus. After all if the author isn't certain if their story is science fiction or mystery or romance or whatever how will the reader be able to tell?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote