View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
From the Tech world:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/...col;subStories

Sounds like a Metro Nook might be incoming:
Quote:
3. Microsoft execs have been playing up in recent public appearances the pending availability of some kind of a dedicated Metro-based e-reader. This has seemed odd to a number of us Microsoft watchers, given the official Microsoft stance that Windows 8 tablets running a Kindle and/or Nook application would be just as good an e-reader as a dedicated device. Now, given today’s NewCo announcement, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Windows 8-based Nook reader.

(Here’s some background on this, according to one source: One of my contacts had told me a while back that Microsoft was working on an e-reader with B&N. The plan supposedly was that Microsoft would build the e-reader and B&N, the bookstore. Supposedly, my contact said, B&N dropped out, and shortly thereafter, Microsoft was working on the Courier, which could double as both a notetaking and reading device.)

Microsoft and B&N are holding a press conference this morning (8:30 am ET) and I’ll update this story with more if and when there’s more to say….
Given B&N's lack of success getting the Nook app store populated, switching to Win8Arm is not out of the question.
Other possibilities for a MetroNook: Zune music and video support to counter Amazon's media stores (Zune has music *subscriptions*), XBOX Live links and Arcade Games...

Hmm, the more I think of it, the more sense the tie-up makes.
Especially with the College Bookstores to showcase the MetroNook.

Last edited by fjtorres; 04-30-2012 at 08:55 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote