View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #15
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
In Canada, The General's Daughter is $7.99 at Kobobooks and not available at all at Amazon as a Kindle. This is why I am happy to have both a Kobo and a Kindle -- there's a choice. I don't consider $8 out of line; the paperback is $9.50.

Then again, I don't agree with the OP: my experience is that ebooks are generally a considerable savings over available print copies and DRM seems to work just fine (I haven't found it to be defective).
I think what the OP means is that it prevents you from reading the book on any reader you wish. I have that problem with Mobipocket books. Amazon owns the company, but in order to read books I already own on my Kindle I have to either find out how to strip the DRM from them or buy Kindle versions of the same book. Why should someone have to buy the same book twice from the same seller?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote