View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #21
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
All I can give you is anecdotal evidence of course. But I bought a refurbed Kobo Aura off of eBay four years ago and it's still going strong.
I bought 3 of these for myself and 2 of them for my neighbors and all have worked well. I mostly use mine as loaners when someone in my retirement home wants to read a book I have. But I'll read a book on them from time to time and they work great.

I think this is a situation where there is no right answer. Buy a used ereader and you might be sorry. Or you might get a great deal. So far my experience has mostly been good.

The one bad experience even turned out well. The first of the Aura's I bought was from a different seller and when I got it it was a Mini. I emailed him and in his email where he apologized and explained that he thought it was called an Aura he also explained that he'd just refunded my money, which he had, and that he didn't want the Mini back. I gave it to a neighbor and I left that seller some positive feedback where I explained what happened. That was my worst experience.

I've been buying stuff on Ebay for years and I've always assumed that I'll someday get bitten. So far I've done pretty well. I did get a Tandy Model 100 that wasn't as described but was still in pretty decent shape and I'd have bought it anyway if he'd described it honestly. I've also bought a cheap Paperwhite replacement battery that turned out to be rather poor. Everything else has been really good.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote