View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #8
calibrejunkie
Page Junkie Dev
calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.calibrejunkie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Android Phone, Kindle, Surface Pro 3
How large is your Calibre library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The first thing I did way back when... Was add 900+ 'Empty books" for my paper Library.
I set up a banquet table with my HP4C flat scanner for covers, a bar code scanner and laptop (remote desktop connected to the Calibre (desktop) PC

Next, I imported all (PRC/Mobi) titles from the Baen CD's (back when Jim made those available to anyone) and the Free Library titles (between those, I had almost a 25% overlap with the paperbacks)

So I started with a couple of thousand entries, and it has been downhill since. I used to buy abou 6 Baen Bundles a year, Amazon gets me now that I switched to a Kindle (I wore out 2 Astaks, and the K4 is getting tired buttons. I really don't do touch well.)
~14K entries (I did use epubsplit PI to bust up some Omnibus and anthologies)
I did not know about "Baen Bundles", I'll have to check that out. I assume you already know about Humble Bundle book bundles? I've added about 1500 books to my library that way.
calibrejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote