View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 09:54 PM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I've noticed a number of what look like dodgy publications lately, so I was getting the impression Kobo wasn't doing much checking.

I have no experience with translations, I can only think that you must ask Kobo what evidence they require. Are you certain they are not asking for proof that the work you are translating is in the public domain? Could it be that it is only in the public domain in some locations and you are attempting to publish globally? Is there a chance you published it at Amazon (or elsewhere) using a version of your name that looks different to what you are using at Kobo? (So they might think another translation exists, not realising it is yours.) Those were just some ideas I had. You have little choice but to try and work it out with Kobo, and if necessary ask them to be explicit about their requirements.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote