View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #51
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PRS-600, 3G Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop__dreaming View Post
Apologies for the second request for a recommendation in the last couple of days. I am looking for a fantasy trilogy series to start soon that fits, loosely, within the criteria below:
  • Must be fast paced and exciting - I disliked Game of Thrones for this very reason. Found it slow and dull.
  • Under 600 pages each - But if it's good, length shouldn't be a problem.
So far I have The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss, The Assassins Apprentice by Robin Buss, The Riftwar Cycle (okay it has 4 but it sounds pretty good) by Raymond E. Feist and The Broken Empire by Mark Lawrence listed.

Advice on anything would be great.

Thanks and apologies again

Dave
Officially the Riftwar Cycle you refer to is actually the Riftwar Saga and is three books. The first book (Magician) was later split into two smaller books. The Riftwar Cycle is actually composed of 29 (30 with Magician split into two) books. The last book of the entire series is called Magicians End was released on May 14th, 2013.

It's a great series and I highly recommend it!!

Another series I enjoy is any number if the various Valdemar trilogies put out by Mercedes Lackey. Mage Wars trilogy starts off real fast paced by by book 3 begins to Wane.
I would read Last Herald Mage trilogy or the Mage Winds trilogy. Be warned thought that Lackey has no compunction about writing about various social taboos that some may find uncomfortable to read.

Chris
Aka Naloomi

Last edited by Naloomi; 05-18-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Naloomi is offline   Reply With Quote