View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 09:28 AM   #52
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
@elibrarian:
These are just example footnotes, their content has no reference to the plugin.
You should recognise this from the appearance of the footnotes in @Bobich's post:
Code:
^[blah, blah]
Of course! – I must be getting old …

Quote:
Ad 1:
The problem is the new line after the word "If". The plugin does indeed not support "enter" inside a footnote, but this is easily fixed.
The easiest way to fix it is to use "Mend and Prettify all XHtml files" before running the plugin.
A possible solution would also be to slightly modify the plugin by adding flags=re.DOTALL so that newline characters are included when searching and replacing.
I haven't implemented the DOTALL solution. I think it'll introduce new and worse error possibilities, eg. if a note is missing the closing ]. "Mend and Prettify all XHtml files" before running the plugin is the way to go.

Quote:
Ad 2:
There is indeed a problem if there is a slash in the body of the footnote.
This is also easy to correct in the plugin code.
Implemented in new version 0.2.2. - Download from first post of this thread.

I've updated the first post with a new version including the fix for problem no. 2, and the icon from Becky. All thanks and respect to BeckyEbook!

Regarding my note of not updating the plugin further: As stated in the userguide, anyone are free to make new versions (and share, if any brillant ideas come up :0)

For example, at the moment, there are (I think) at least three plugins for inserting or manipulating footnotes, but none of them can manipulate footnotes inserted by the other; and sadly none of them works for epub3 and accessibility. I have som crude code for a plugin working after the same lines as this one and adressing epub3 and accessibility, but I haven't published it, since I haven't got the time for update and support, and still haven't solved the problem of manipulating, numbering and sorting new notes inserted after the first batch.
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote