View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #34
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
..Do some users who similar to HarryT aren't concerned about the proprietary file formats, just go all the way and use everything in its 'native' Azon DRM'd state, to avoid all the format/conversion/sideload hassles? And then just liberate and keep copies of their purchased DeDRM'd ebooks in Calibre for archive and future-proofing purposes?

I don't plan to do that myself, but I could see that approach could make sense for some people. If you're not concerned about the proprietary lock-in situation, this approach would give you all the Azon functionality in reading, reduce file format hassle and hassle syncing across devices, but still gives you a future-proof library.
If it's a book already purchased from Amazon, then yes, I always use the DRM'd copy on my Kindle. It's not like you can sync across Kindle Personal Docs and Kobo/Nook/etc anyway. There's no benefit to sideloading those. Might as well take advantage of features offered with the official KF8/KFX version.

I just keep DRM-free backups on Calibre for my other devices and archival.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote