View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiren View Post
You're absolutely right. So can we hope for a format that will last long term? Because of piracy, I don't think publishers will endorse a non DRM format for their books.
I don't know what publishers care about. LIT has been broken since at least 2002 (or so I'm guessing by the copyright statement on most of the ConvertLIT source files) and Mobipocket and eReader are broken as of last year. If publishers were actually afraid of piracy they would stop publishing books in those formats.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote