View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Goodreads was one I tried (Google was the other). Both netted me nothing. But take that as it is, it doesn't mean it won't work for anyone. Writing SF that doesn't include aliens or space battles, by a college-unfinished blue-collar worker, is apparently a tough sell all-around.

My concern with these advertising types is, they have to be noticed over the big-money advertising from major publishers (and everything else under the sun) in the same venues, to be effective. I have yet to hear about an independent author who ever made that work, and I know I have yet to buy a book from any such ad. I'm not convinced that that's a winning proposition for a small-time seller with a limited budget.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 03-09-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote