View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 05:25 PM   #126
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: HiSenseA5ProCC, OnyxNotePro, lots of cracked Kobo's
Post #13 and #15 suggest that the only formatting for whitespace is the br-tag. All others, such as span, quote, blockquote are stripped by the converter to dic-format.

VanDale is styled with blockquotes:
Code:
<ar><head><k>leerling</k></head><def>

<blockquote><span> <span><b>l<span><u>ee</u></span>r·ling</b></span> <span> <span>de<sup><i>m</i></sup></span> </span> <span> <span> <span><i>meerv</i></span>: leerlingen</span>; <span><span><i>verkleinw</i></span>: leerlingetje</span></span> </span> <span> <span> <span> <span><i>zelfst nw</i></span> </span> <span> <span><span><b>1. </b></span> <span> <span>iem. die onderwijs krijgt</span> </span> <span> 

<blockquote align="left"><span><b>• </b></span> <span><i>een <span><b>externe</b></span> leerling</i></span> </blockquote> 

<blockquote align="left"><span><b>• </b></span> <span><i>een <span><b>ijverige</b></span> leerling</i></span> </blockquote> 

<blockquote align="left"><span><b>• </b></span> <span><i>een <span><b>interne</b></span> leerling</i></span> </blockquote> 

<blockquote align="left"><span><b>• </b></span> <span><i>een <span><b>knappe</b></span> leerling</i></span> </blockquote> 

<blockquote align="left"><span><b>• </b></span> <span><i>een leerling van <span><b>school</b></span> /sturen/verwijderen/</i></span> </blockquote> 

<blockquote align="left"><span><b>• </b></span> <span><i>een <span><b>zwakke</b></span> leerling</i></span> </blockquote> 

<blockquote align="left"><span><b>• </b></span> <span><i>de <span><b>zwakste</b></span> leerling van de klas</i></span> | <span>de slechtst presterende leerling</span>; <span>land, bedrijf enz. dat het slechtst presteert op een bepaald terrein</span> </blockquote> 

</span> </span> <span><span><b>2. </b></span> <span> <span> <span><b>volgeling</b></span> van iemands leer of stelregels</span> </span> <span> 

<blockquote align="left"><span><b>• </b></span> <span><i>de leerlingen van <span><b>Jezus</b></span></i></span> </blockquote> 

</span> </span> </span> </span> </span></blockquote>
</def></ar>
(Empty lines are inserted for readability.)

The new greek dictionary is styled with div-blocks:
Code:
<ar><head><k>ελληνο-</k></head><def>
<div style="margin-left:0em"><span style="color:darkslategray"></span> [<!-- T --><span style="font-family:'Helvetica'">elıno</span><!-- T -->]</div>

<div style="margin-left:0em"><span style="color:darkslategray"><b>ελληνό-</b></span> [<!-- T --><span style="font-family:'Helvetica'">elınó</span><!-- T -->], όταν κατά τη σύνθεση ο τόνος ανεβαίνει στο α&#x27; συνθετικό</div>

<div style="margin-left:0em"><span style="color:darkslategray"><b>ελλην-</b></span> [<!-- T --><span style="font-family:'Helvetica'">elın</span><!-- T -->], σπάνια όταν το β&#x27; συνθετικό αρχίζει από [<!-- T --><span style="font-family:'Helvetica'">o</span><!-- T -->]</div>

<div style="margin-left:1em">α&#x27; συνθετικό σε σύνθετες λέξεις με αναφορά κατά περίπτωση στα ονόματα<i><span style="color:slategray">Έλληνας, ελληνικός, ελληνισμός.</span></i></div>

<div style="margin-left:2em"><span style="color:green"><b>1.</b></span> </div>

<div style="margin-left:3em"><span style="color:mediumseagreen"><b>α.</b></span> (σε σύνθετα επίθετα) για σχέση (φιλία, συνθήκη <i class="p" style="color:green">κτλ.</i>) μεταξύ των Ελλήνων και του λαού που υποδηλώνει το β&#x27; συνθετικό· (<i class="p" style="color:green">πρβ.</i> <i><span style="color:slategray">-ελληνικός</span></i><sub>1</sub>): <i><span style="color:slategray">~αγγλικός, ~αμερικανικός, ~γερμανικός, ~ολλανδικός, ~τουρκικός</span></i>.</div>

<div style="margin-left:3em"><span style="color:mediumseagreen"><b>β.</b></span> σε εθνικά ουσιαστικά: <i><span style="color:slategray">Ελληνοκύπριος,</span></i> ο Έλληνας της Κύπρου. <span style="color:lime"><b>||</b></span> <i><span style="color:slategray">Ελληνοαμερικανός.</span></i></div>

<div style="margin-left:2em"><span style="color:green"><b>2.</b></span></div>

<div style="margin-left:3em"><span style="color:mediumseagreen"><b>α.</b></span> με αναφορά στη νεοελληνική γλώσσα. <i class="p" style="color:green">ΑΝΤ</i> ξενο-: <i><span style="color:slategray">ελληνόγλωσσος, ~μαθής, ελληνόφωνος.</span></i> <span style="color:lime"><b>||</b></span> (<i class="p" style="color:green">παρωχ.</i>) με αναφορά στην αρχαία ή τη λόγια μορφή της ελληνικής γλώσσας: <i><span style="color:slategray">~διδάσκαλος</span></i>.</div>

<div style="margin-left:3em"><span style="color:mediumseagreen"><b>β.</b></span> για λεξικό, λεξιλόγιο <i class="p" style="color:green">κτλ.</i> στο οποίο οι λέξεις της ελληνικής γλώσσας ερμηνεύονται (αποδίδονται) στη γλώσσα που υποδηλώνει το β&#x27; συνθετικό: <i><span style="color:slategray">~αγγλικός,</span></i> <i class="p" style="color:green">ΑΝΤ</i> αγγλοελληνικός· <i><span style="color:slategray">~γερμανικός, ~ελληνικός, ~τουρκικός.</span></i></div>

<div style="margin-left:2em"><span style="color:green"><b>3.</b></span></div>

<div style="margin-left:3em"><span style="color:mediumseagreen"><b>α.</b></span> με αναφορά <i class="p" style="color:green">συνήθ.</i> στον αρχαίο ελληνικό πολιτισμό: <i><span style="color:slategray">~λάτρης</span></i>.</div>
</def></ar>
(I've truncated the entry at your screenshot ending and inserted empty lines for readability.)

So new to the info in post #13 and #15 is that apparently, the div-tag is retained: Every div-block gets its own block. So substituting blockquotes for div's could be an approach for VanDale.

The margin-left:..em styling doesn't work as expected. Both 1.α. and 2.α. have 3em left-margin, but they are not aligned. α' and 1. both have 0em and 1em respectively, but they are aligned.
Obviously, we are not in control! Maybe the left-margins are correctly displayed, but the div-blocks are of different width and centered. Maybe we can force them with style="width: 100%";?

@Getkey You could just get the xdxf-file, remove all entries except those your are testing and change the html-around and convert to see what works. If you could provide me with the an example of the working code and an accompanying screenshot, I am willing to implement and rerun the script on all offending dictionaries.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-19-2021 at 02:22 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote