View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 10:15 AM   #22
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the record, I actively discourage use of the bookmark fetch that is in the Kobo Utilities plugin.
Never used that. I don't highlight ever now without a note as I'd likely not remember why I highlighted. Anyway notes work well enough, it's the actual source selection that's erratic.

It's only actual user entered notes (annotations in paper sense) I want.
I have learnt to make sure the TOC actually works before doing annotations on a book, otherwise the entire book is one "chapter".

The Copy & Paste Kobo Utilities Annotation fetch is much faster than it used to be and was quick anyway. Could speed up be due to using an SD card for the books?
The formatting is strange, but 4 global Search & Replace on the pasted text file makes it fine.

I guess if I was doing a load of research bookmarks might be useful, but OTH actually making a quick note is better, so I'm sceptical how much use "plain bookmarks" are. Reading position seems only important for syncing different devices. It's only lost if the book is marked Unread, Finished or Replaced (I always remove and then Send to update a book). I've not had the Kobo lose a reading position. One bug it doesn't have!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote