View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
From a consumer point of view, it's a good deal. From an author/reader point of view, not so much. I really can't imagine any of the top line readers or authors buying in to this. I can imagine authors and readers trying to make a name for themselves buying in for a little while. At least that seems to be the pattern that developed with KU.

Of course, audible has been owned by Amazon for a long time, so of course if audible screws over the authors and readers, it's going to create concern in the KU area.
"Top line readers"? As opposed to, what, the riff-raff?

I'm not a romance reader, but there are a lot of big-name authors represented in the extensive list of Audible offerings. But more to the point, I fail to see how Audible "screws over" the readers who subscribe. Heck, even as a non-romance reader, I can find enough titles in some of the subcategories to make it worthwhile for a couple of months at least.

I don't know what kind of deal it is for authors and publishers. I don't care; it's not my problem. But for a reader, it looks pretty darn good.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote