Thread: Buying e-books
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGFuzaxx
If you buy DRMed content today, you are not able to read it on your iLiad.

I don't know when (of if at all) e.g. the mobiread reader will be ported to the device.

Also there seems to be a possibility that content will be available via the iDS - this content one can only use with the registered device (as far as I remember the post here in the forum).

But this raises the question if iRex has content available for buying?

Greetings,
Frank

About 2 weeks ago there was a note that a 'DRM announcement would be made in a week'. The only place I saw this was in the iRex shop when you clicked on the icon for the Iliad. I'm not certain exactly what a week in iRex time is out here in the real world

Side note to marketing department in iRex: The Bose noise cancelling headphones ship with about 10 business cards in them to give to interested people. They figure current customers to be the best sales tool. Based on some of the forum comments, worth while food for though.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote