View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashMaster View Post
I think that I'm experiencing the same issue with my jailbroken KT2. With 5.6.5 (before JB), WiFi on and @30-45' usage per day, the batterry lasted about 3 weeks. After JB about 2 weeks (more apps, more joy). But after a silent OTA update (that I'm starting to regret) and the same usage pattern, the batterry life is only one week (maybe 1.5 with WiFi disabled in stand-by mode). I wonder if 5.7.3 fixes this.

P.S. Is there any Kindle compatible script or app that monitors running programs and estimates battery usage (Android style) ? .. or could I configure the "top" command to log the CPU load ? Thank you!
The introduction of 5.7.3 so quickly after the most recent firmware release indicates that they are fixing something that went wrong in the earlier builds.

= = = =

As in:
repeat: top -bn1 ?
Plus a bit of simple math.

Embedded systems do not include the documentation man(ual) or info commands.
But full *nix installations and all major web search engines do.

try:
man top
in your favorite search engine.

a snippet of the discription:
Quote:
The program provides a limited interactive interface for process manipulation as well as a much more extensive interface for personal configuration -- encompassing every aspect of its operation.
Translation: Yes.

Last edited by knc1; 03-08-2016 at 09:21 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote