Old 06-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #329
abeonis
eBook DIYer
abeonis began at the beginning.

Device: K4, KF HD 8.9, Readium
Hi DaleDe. Your post from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Atlantis word processor has a batch mode that can convert your file. They also have a free trial period. However, they do not support tables. The text in the table is transferred but table structure is not. You will need to reassemble the table in Sigil.
I should have listened to you. I have evaluated so many solutions to my specifc needs that I started to become nervous and ready to give up.

I installed Atlantis 5 minutes ago, imported one of my MS-Word as it is, no clean-up. After a very short delay, I have my ePub file ready to be fine tuned. I open it in Sigil, perfect. Have a look at the generated HTML code, clean. Run Flight Crew, No problems found. I can't believe it.

The doc file I used was written 5 years ago, without any intention to create an epub with it. It is a 350 pages MS-Word technical document with quite complex styling. No problem, Atlantis does it job without complaining. I can easily immagine what can do Atlantis if the doc file was made on purpose!

I start Atlantis eval first thing on monday. Seems I am very close to fix my MS-Word > Sigil gap. Great.

BTW, I don't care about tables, I use images anyway and I always have Sigil. One thing that worries me is that you still need to open Atlantis to run "the batch mode". I was expecting running the tool from the command line, something like the following immaginary command:

Code:
> atlantis.exe file.docx -docx2epub -usethisINIfile > job.log
awp?

Last edited by abeonis; 06-09-2013 at 05:51 AM.
abeonis is offline   Reply With Quote