View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #126
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
One way shelf synch ?

Calibre 0.9.20 ; Glo 2.4.0

I've set up shelf management as described in the first post and the driver has correctly created a new shelf on the Glo with one book in it which I have just added to the Glo. Calibre is set for automatic metadata management.

However the books that are already on shelves on the Glo (added directly on the device) are not showing up in Calibre as being on shelves. The added book (above) when looked at in the device view in Calibre, shows up in a "Collection" with a name the same as the new Shelf. Other books show up variously in collections "Read", "Im_Reading" (clearly automatically assigned by the Glo) and "ToRead" (a shelf I set up on the Glo itself), but the books in Calibre don't appear in the custom column I set up for associating Shelf names with books.

What seemed to be missing is a reference in Calibre to a collection for my "Favourites" shelf on the Glo, however when I added a book to that shelf using Calibre it appeared on that shelf on the Glo.

Effectively what I'm seeing is a "one-way" synchronisation. Is it possible to retrieve into Calibre the shelf assignments that I have made on the Glo so that the books on "Favourites" and "ToRead" show up in Calibre as on those shelves ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote