View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #23
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayram88 View Post
I think it's dead
I picked up a Touch for fun a few days ago. Got home, started the update - hung at restarting. Tried everything mentioned on the net, the same stuff mentioned in here. Eventually opened it and checked out the sd card, there were some ext fs errors which I fixed. Still didn't bring it back to life.

After a day of fixing it, I just put it back together and took it back to the shop for replacement. Got home with the new one, first thing I did was pop open the unit and clone the sd card, then continued as I had the first time. Updated fine and everything went smoothly.

So, I'd just get it replaced. Terrible experience to have tho. A bit worrying that they are managing to break the factory restore stuff with an update.

Edit : If you arnt able to restore it, I can upload the image which you could use to restore from; but it's a last resort. I'm not doing that for fun.