View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #10
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Kobo only uses three sources for making recommendations:
  • Books you have purchased from Kobo
  • Your behaviour on the Kobo site/server that is captured on their end when you are signed in
  • Answers you give when taking/answering a Kobo survey
Interesting. I've only done one of those three things (done a search on specific titles or authors on the Kobo online shop — and they've mostly not been listed), and the recommendations I'm getting aren't in any way close to things I've looked at or done a search on — not by genre, subject or author.

So I do wonder how their algorithm works.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote