View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 AM   #4
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
So, I guess the answer is to leave the <guide> section in and hope that future readers will follow correct behaviour and IGNORE it.
But what happens when eveyone starts to use the new beta v3 version of epubcheck? Titles are going to start to fail!
I know that Content Reserve / Overdrive will reject a title even if it pops up a warning with epubcheck.

So, anyone have any good tips or predictions as to what the best way to identify the cover will be? I think I've left enough clues in the filename and metadata to allow a future version of iTunes / iBooks to find the covers.

If I thought that writing to anyone would do any good, I would but what are the chances of an email complaining about this problem will be read and actioned by either IDPF or Apple? (sigh)
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote