View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ja55 View Post
I have a doc file that is a long reference work that was given a rudimentary table of contents by someone bookmarking each section and creating a hyperlink to that bookmark. It is quite long so the bookmarks are necessary. I converted it to html and RTF & PDF all the links work perfectly
Converted it to or saved as html and RTF & PDF via Word?

Quote:
however, whenever I convert it with calibre
Convert what? Calibre doesn't convert doc files so you need to let us know what you are converting so we can help.

Quote:
none of the hyperlinks work. I have tried mobi and epub, and the hyperlinks all fail.
You didn't say what format you were using for the conversions.

If I had a doc file I would save it as html filtered or web page filtered or some such filtered. I would add that html to calibre and convert it to ePub and expect the links to be maintained through the conversion.

Unfortunately at this point I have no idea what you are trying to convert.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote