Thread: iPhone Stanza
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
midlifec, are these converted epubs by Calibre? If so, what where your settings for Output Profile? I usually use Sony or iPad profiles and both work fine for the Touch. If they are not Calibre converted, then you might want to first try running them through Calibre with one of those profiles and see if it helps.

I have come across this issue with epubs in Stanza on the Touch with maybe 10% of epubs that I have run through Calibre. The problem is in the specifications in the css stylesheet within the epub, and that is the responsibility of the person who created the epub. To fix it, you simply have to make a small edit to the stylesheet. Usually just decreasing the top margin (or top padding) of the "div" style governing the chapter fixes it. The value may be something like 4em and decreasing it to 2em or 1em usually fixes this margin issue.

Editing stylesheets is not fun to do but once you get the hang of it, it becomes much easier. If you don't want to go there, then the only other suggestion I have is to try adjusting the bottom margin to something larger in the conversion settings of Calibre. I've never tried adjusting margins there, but it may work for this issue. I don't consider that as good a solution as adjusting the stylesheet, but it may be sufficient for your needs.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote