View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
It is a legitimate question. I don't think asking it makes anyone a jerk.
You talk about enlightenment, so how about you enlighten us by actually answering the question instead of insulting us?
It's like, if I were a kid asking "why does fire burn?" and you would tell me "oh, what an idiot, don't you know anything?!". I really fail to see how that helps.

Yeah, I'm not one of those who posted before but reading this, I can't help but wonder: why display two pages when you read only one?
Can anyone who actually knows answer this, please?
Is it because there's too much text per line when reading in landscape mode?
Is it because some people are too used to reading physical books, so they absolutely have to see two pages?

I did a test with the attached mock image (smallest font size on my DX). It's certainly doable on the DX, the text is readable (on the 6", it would indeed be too small), but I don't see the reason for reading like this.
This is an old question here at MR. They're not asking for 2 pages, they're asking for 2 columns. Why have 2 columns? Well, why do you see multiple columns in large books like encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc?

My guess is that it's easier to read. But whatever the reason, multiple columns are the rule, not the exception.

BTW, I did some screen shots of my 10" tablet last year:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/album.php?albumid=198
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote