View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 04:02 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yeah, I’ve got an opinion, too.

I think that it’s a shame to put £45 toward a device that’s as old as the Voyage and not what you really want. That’s a lot that could go into your Kobo kitty as you save up. Could you make do with your basic Kindle a while longer? Or, as a less-good alternative, I think Amazon UK gives discounts on trade-ins. Trade in the Kindle on the Paperwhite? It would knock the price down quite a bit and you’d have a device that was bigger and much newer than the Voyage. If you can time your trade-in with a sale price, the reader could get quite cheap.

Must say, inquiring minds want to know what went wrong with your H2O. Mine’s still chugging along.
Another thing with the Voyage, you won't know how good the battery is or not until you get one. With devices that old that are no longer made, you won't know the state of the battery. The battery is going to be old.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote