View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I liked this book, but not so much as a "novel", more as an "exercise". The different interviews were quite plainly written (or translated) so there wasn't much to be impressed about with the writing.

However, I liked the idea of seeing many different sides of a series of events reminding us that history is not truth, it's always a point of view, regardless of the sincerity of the historian. Our hero - which I think of as the historian - confessed a bias at the end showing that even an outsider could not remain totally objective.

I was left not believing anyone in particular throughout the interviews. I doubted that the protagonist's great quest for truth was going to yield the results intended. But that's what I liked about the story.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote