View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Yapyap, how do you country-hop? By chnaging the country on the Manage your Kindle page, or is there anything else you do?
Changing the country on the Manage your Kindle page, yeah. You just need a real address in your target country. And I'm not sure how important this is, but I always make sure I have plenty of funds on my gift card balance so that anything I buy from outside my home address won't be taken off my credit card (that will have a different billing address).

I do it mostly for geo-restricted books and those that I can't buy elsewhere, but as long as Amazon is charging me $2 extra per books (when I neither have nor plan to get a 3G capable Kindle, so it's not like I'm costing them money for 3G book downloads or browsing), I've stopped feeling guilty for doing it. It's got some risks involved, of course, i.e. Amazon might notice at some point.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote