View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 07:27 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Similar to this case:

I use Kobo Utilities, which stores the reading position in a column. This column is required to be of type 'text.' However, I'd like to use a longtext column (short title) which is 'comments'.

(This is something I'd meant to ask about before davidfor left us )

By looking at the code, I think I can do this by changing several instances of 'text' to ''text, commenst'.

dialogs.py, lines 927-929:

Code:
    def get_text_type_custom_columns(self):
        column_types = ['text']
        return self.get_custom_columns(column_types)
config.py

lines 357-365:

Code:
CUSTOM_COLUMN_DEFAULTS = {
                CUSTOM_COLUMN_DEFAULT_LOOKUP_READING_LOCATION : {
                    'column_heading': _("Kobo Reading Location"),
                    'datatype' : 'text',
                    'description' : _("Kobo Reading location from the device."),
                    'columns_list' : 'avail_text_columns',
                    'config_label' : _('Current Reading Location Column:'),
                    'config_tool_tip' : _("Select a custom column to store the current reading location. The column type must be 'text'. Leave this blank if you do not want to store or restore the current reading location."),
                },
lines 866-868

Code:
    def get_text_custom_columns(self):
        column_types = ['text']
        return self.get_custom_columns(column_types)
Before I try this, though: Is there much any difference between storing something in a text column and storing something in a longtext column that may break things?

The GetFileName plugin uses ['text','enumeration','custom','comments'] (what is custom?), which makes me think it should work.

I have a few other small edits to my version of KU to add some extra fonts so would like to do this myself

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-02-2023 at 07:39 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote