View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 05:45 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A word that's bothering me, rather than one I can't stand

Use of the word 'liberation' in the context of the Russians arriving at Auschwitz in January 1945, and the arrival of the Free French Army arriving in Paris in August 1944.

Doesn't feel right to use the same word for both events. I think the opening of the death camps needs a different word, one that conveys the horror - but I don't have one

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-28-2020 at 06:15 PM. Reason: title
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote