Thread: Discoverability
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:26 AM   #14
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I ever decide to break forum rules and call you any kind of name; let alone "liar." So I'll thank you to keep your baseless accusations to yourself.

And are those the only two recommendation categories you see? What about the other categories? 100% KU as well? Or would you just rather not say?

I'm not confused at all. There is no such tab in the Kindle Fire's reading app. But the categories you describe make it perfectly clear that your Discover tab is showing you similar categories to mine. And that there are many more than two of them. And that they're not all 100% populated with KU books.

As to why yours shows a higher percentage of KU books (a percentage still less than 100% of course) than mine, I can't say. Perhaps you browse badly, too much, or inefficiently. Or perhaps your past purchase history merely suggests to the algorithm that price is a mitigating factor in your book-buying decisions. *shrug*

You didn't use the word liar, but that doesn't change the fact that you claimed that what I said was untrue.

I said "Oddly enough, every single book recommended to me by the Kindle app is in Kindle Unlimited or Prime(yea, that was sarcasm)." You claimed that was not a fact, i.e. was untrue.

Yes, you are very confused because there is such a tab on the kindle app for the ipad. Given that iBooks and Marvin are apps that only exist on apple devices I'm at a loss why you would think I was talking about the kindle fire.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote