View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:45 AM   #60
pcampbell
pcampbell began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Its me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by themechaniac View Post
Sxpartax check drunkmonk's post above. Maybe you have a bad memory card, which would have caused your problem in the beginning.
I can confirm with about 98% certainty that the problem is corrupt memory cards. By flashing the backup image it corrects the structure of the memory card, hence working again.

Quote:
I am not a Linux guru and managed to copy the image to my stock Kobo card (so it was OK)
Yeah it isn't to bad going the linux route, personaly I recommend it!

Quote:
If this doesn't work I would go Drunk monks route --get a new card, maybe new card reader and adapter. Really desperate try the Windows program
I've updated the original post with DrunkMonk's windows guide. DrunkMonk awesome work!!!

Quote:
My wife's Kobo Vox has been running perfectly since I reinstalled the image and made two different backups.
I can't get it away from her to do any experimenting
LOL same here, I bought another for myself for that very reason

And by the way, this thread is becoming quite infromative and helpful. I realy do appreciate all the help people are offering to others. Its something I like to see. So to everyone, MUCHO GRACIAS!

Ok, back to work for me. I will be more active here in the forums next month. "Good night, and good luck"

PS: again, cookie for anyone who knows that quote
pcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote