View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's the same in the UK too, Bob. Mobile internet is relatively cheap if you pay a monthly tarrif (eg most of the mobile operators provide an "unlimited" plan for about £25-30 per month, which in reality has a download limit of about 3-5GB/month), but it's damned expensive if you don't have a monthly payment and you want "on demand" usage. With my mobile operator, for example (Vodafone) it costs £2 per MB.
Yea. I guess it is the same way here too. People think I am crazy when I tell them I pay $.18 a minute on my pre-paid Virgin Mobile phone. But, I have very low usage so I only do the minimum $15 top up every 3 months needed to keep it active. So, I may pay more for each minute but I'm paying alot less than you average $45-$50 a month + taxes cell phone bill.

I'm just thinking that at $3 a MB you aren't going to want to be d/l books with that. That's gonna add about $1.5 to each book

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote