Thread: Glo Case for Glo
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #71
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Markino do you use the flip model of case?

It seems kind of bulky to look at, and probably heavyish - but the point is it doesn't have to be held, just placed on the table.
Lynx, hi - yes, currently using the flip case as my main case.

As to bulky / heavy, I suppose it depends on what you're used to. Obviously nothing is going to be as light and carefree as a naked Kobo, but having fallen asleep reading on quite a few occasions with my Touch, only to be woken by the sound of a bouncing e-reader, I'd personally rather have it slightly bulkier and still working.

I'd say this specific case is about the same weight as my other book-style case (see my photos above), and lighter (and significantly less bulky) than my Touch case with the built-in light.

In fact, one of the things I particularly like about this case vs the other two more book-style cases I've used is that when the front cover is flipped over it is completely flat to the back cover - so there is only about 3/8" of cover behind the Glo, and the whole thing including the Glo is only about 7/8" thick. Maybe that sounds bulky to you, I don't know, but it's much slimmer than my Touch case.

And, as you say, it stands up by itself for those can't-be-bothered-to-hold-it moments...
markino is offline   Reply With Quote