View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #698
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I just patched the serial and pcbsn in my custom u-boot binary, replacing some of my hex characters with ascii zeroes. It does not boot. They must contain a check-digit or something. And of course it WROTE the idme vars, so it is bricked until I patch some real values in my u-boot and let if write those to mmc...

Fun, huh? Anyway, it works right when you patch in REAL serial and pcbsn (even if from a different kindle).
I don't think that you can just "binary-patch" u-boot images, I think there's a CRC32 (or whatever other) checksum or something... I vaguely remember that I had to recompile u-boot images if I even wanted to change a single character in a path. I may be wrong though.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote