View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I am also still happy with my Sony readers, and will not likely abandon them soon. I went over to Sony from Nook for one overwhelming reason, organization and the ability to easily find what I want on the reader. Being able to tag books in Calibre and then have those tags become collections when I transfer the books is WONDERFUL!

I am a "whim" or "mood" reader, I read fast and like to have a lot of books on tap. But my memory just isn't going to be able to remember all titles or authors for a direct search.

That feature so far doesn't seem to exist in any other reader. Sadly for Sony, most folks are probably not such voracious readers as I am. I also re-read a lot.

Even so, my aging eyes really appreciate higher resolution, and the convenience of a built in light could be useful to me at bed time.

I think the T1 is a wonderful reader, and I'm sure the T2 is as well, but there are clearly a lot of folks who at least like the idea of the built in light if not the higher resolution and the subtleties of the Sony that make it a nice reader just don't stand out enough for the average buyer.

They botched it by not incorporating both higher resolution and a light.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote