View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
version is the latest 3.3 - OTA is the latest for sure. I noticed the last one bump me up.
No hassles.

Okay so it's a bad idea. I will look for a less extreme solution.
perhaps when I have more knowledge of the side effects I can make a better judgement of the implications.

I have a CORRECT headers build going thru right now. It is clear that I do *NOT* have the headers either a) at all and b) in the right place previously. RTFM. err Find TFM.

It amazes me how disparate the sources of information are. atomic and irrevocably separate shifting sands of information.

(well for the newer stuff anyways) and "Yes," I know anyways isn't a real word. meh.

Which only makes me all the happier to latch into something like BR.
with my ever increasing knowledge of latching in applications it should prove possible to even bundle in every kindle patch ever (some sort of external updating process would be nice, perhaps latch an RSS/XML/ATOM/W/E feed)

an example will be applying the nasty GOTCHA kernel header gotchas to the calling toolchain dynamically. (hmm I better install every TC ever - ho hum)

or perhaps -Optionally- pushing down the initial Yianfu bin to the resulting home Dir. That kind of thing.

Appreciate your efforts to make this work and so am doing the best possible to cram my side and provide quality information or resources to play with. Hopefully my shameful lack of knowledge and fearless online display of said dirty-underwear will one day prevent some other poor soul having to wash his digital trousers on here.

Wow that possibly the most protracted metaphor since John Feyns rant about software
I need some tea

Builds running nicely.

If we get this lot running "AS EXPECTED" - now I have the exact toolchain, right headers, I will then incrementally step up the TC set until I find the relevant versions of each TC that allows the - insert name here - app to build and document that for A) our viewing pleasure, B) so people know if it can be built - Native - or not.

And then finally develop the correct procedures - and documention - to get these (probably growing over time in number) corner case applications to run.

Forsee a day when the old TC just wont cut it anymore and perhaps a list of "Last ever version that can run on a kindle" may also be in order. But that sounds like a long job. One day perhaps.

Anyways, these are my thoughts. Throw rocks while I make tea.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote