View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #71
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri_b View Post
Good luck.

One thing: I use an ereader a lot and it happens when a battery stop working in middle of page turn. Usually it happens in the middle of page turn. In such case a data base going to be corrupted and you have to delete it and recreate all thumbnails. A lot of time You know.
My solution is - to keep a backup of database on the same place, so every time I add/delete files from SD-card I also copy a global.db to global_.db.
And if global.db is corrupted I use a working version of global.db.

The problem with your solution: it is hard to backup/restore a database if it not a one big file.
I've never seen a broken global.db, and I also use my DR a lot.
Anyway, it's not a big issue either. As you make a backup of global.db, you can make a backup of System/.covers directory as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri_b View Post
I'd like an option to use/or not to use different thumbnails handling.
I considered this, but don't think it's feasible.
A runtime option would make code too complex even with current changes only.
And providing two sets of binaries is very time consuming for me.
Anyway I've included a compilation flag in the code (DR800_ENABLE_NODB_COVERS in ermetadb and ctb) to enable or disable it so anyone could build their own binaries if they want.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote