View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The two scariest stories I ever read were both short works by Stephen King. The Mist (in collection Skeleton Crew, though since there's now a movie version you may find a stand-alone book), and The Moving Finger (in collection Nightmares and Dreamscapes).

I still have problems with drains because of The Moving Finger. I make my husband clean all the drains because I'm too chicken to do it. And when there's a really heavy fog, I freak out thinking about The Mist.

For fun creepy stories to get you in the holiday spirit, check out Neil Gaimen's Fragile Things. I'm not a huge Gaimen fan, but his short stories in this collection are really fun. (My husband thought they were scary; I did not.)
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote