View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
ChrisHoward
ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.ChrisHoward can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: iPad, Kindle 2, Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Thanks for the reply. I noticed their shift away from what you might call 'romantic-fantasy' towards, what I think they're calling 'kick-assitude', its even in their submission guidelines. A lot of the books that had a prominent place on the site, seem to be back-burnered (for want of a better word). Love to hear from Chris about his experiences with them as I'm submitting a series proposal to them in the coming weeks.
Paula Guran's my favorite editor! Juno Books hooked up with Simon & Schuster's Pocket Books division late last year, and, although they brought a couple books forward, let nearly all of the backlist go, including Seaborn. They're still looking for a strong female protag, but my impression is that they're focusing exclusively on urban and contemporary fantasy. I'd definitely sub to Juno. Paula's great to work with. She's an ebook fan--she pushed to have Seaborn released in ebook a month earlier than the print edition. I think almost everything Juno's published over the last few years is up on Fictionwise.

Chris