View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #14
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taesoo Kwon View Post
I don't know exactly what is the best resolution for Sony reader.
Cybook and nuutbook (a netronix variant which I use) displays images at full screen, so 600*800 was the best for those devices.
The resoultion can be changed by editing config.lua.
Yes I understand that, since the readers use a 800x600 screen.
However there is a small bar on the bottom on the reader,about 5mm in size (0,2"). I could imagine every reader has this bar with either some battery life info, page info, or whatever...
Is this bar hovering over the picture, or taking some space off the picture?
I say this because having a book (manga for instance) with 200 pages of jpeg compressed, at a resolution of 800x600 or say 790x600 could save up some hundreds of kB, to a few of MB's in size.
If you don't notice the difference anyway, plus, then the reader can literally input-output the image on the screen without internal resizing and rendering.

Yesterday I thought my reader froze when I plugged in an SD card with a photo my wife took from her Nikon D40 camera. 6MPix, 4,6MB in size. It took about 5 to 7 minutes to first render the picture.
After editing (resizing to 800x600,& saving as B&W) the image only took up 96kB of size (=below 100kBytes).
You couldn't see the difference in full screen view between the two, I saved about +4MB in size, and the reader rendered my 96kB image within 2 seconds.
For books that need no zooming in,or tiling to landscape it is much better to save them this way.
To bring it further I wanted to know if someone knows something about the bar displayed.
If it hovered over, or took space off the screen.
I believe if the reader does not need to render nor resizing the image, some more battery and loading time could be saved.

Last edited by ProDigit; 11-17-2008 at 11:45 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote