View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #20
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
I spent the whole morning (so far) re-doing my ornaments (in various sizes) this way (as you offered up here, odedta, as I've quoted below), testing it out on my computer in ADE and Sony Reader Library, and while it seemed to work fine in those, when I finally got around to transferring my epub over to the iPad and looked at it in iBooks, everything is TOTALLY outta wack -- the ornaments are all the wrong sizes. It seems that what's happening is that (to use your example, below) the image size of 60% is ignored, and instead they all go to the 100% defined in the paragraph style -- either that or it's just ignoring both and inserting the image as large as it can or something (but that would be weird).

Bummer, I really thought that I (i.e. you) had licked this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odedta View Post
Here is your solution:

PHP Code:
<class="horizontal_center">
  <
img src="../Images/elephants.jpg" alt="Elephants" class="image"/>
</
p
Code:
.horizontal_center {
  width: 100%;
  text-align: center;
}
.image
{
  width:60%;
  display:inline-block;
}
You can play with the .image width as you like.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote