View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
looking for mysteries, old and new

i love 20's to 40's english detective novels with long running detectives and also more modern detective novels if they aren't cutesy or romance novels with mystery plots. nothing heavy on forensics, though, and not TOO hardboiled.

i just finished The Middle Temple Murder - not bad, but not enough character for my taste. i'm trying josephine tey, although so far i'm not convinced. i enjoy peter wimsey, old agatha christie, most robert b. parker, ngaio marsh, the older 4 raymond chandlers.

i'd like to try margery allingham, but it looks like i'll have to go with pbooks for her, and some of my favorites aren't offered yet either on gutenberg or for sale, so i'd really appreciate suggestions.

thanks
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote